Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remember

Having to rely on movies and photographs to tell me what it was like in the trenches... what it was like to literally look into the face of death every day. Unless we've been there, we will never truly know what they went through so that we could continue to have things the way we do. This says it better than I ever could... I HAVE NOT FOUGHT THE BATTLES OF THE PAST OR PRESENT. I WAS NOT ASKED TO GIVE OF MYSELF OR OF MY LIFE. I HAVE SEEN THE IMAGES OF THE HORROR, AND DESTRUCTION. I HAVE READ THE NAMES OF THOSE WHO DID NOT RETURN. I NOW GAZE OVER THE MARKERS OF THOSE WHO DIED FOR ALL. I LISTEN TO THE WORDS OF THOSE WHO FOUGHT, BUT THESE WORDS CONTAIN NO GLORY. I WILL REMEMBER, I DO SHED TEARS, I WILL BE SILENT. I WILL NEVER FORGET, WE SHALL NEVER FORGET. - author unknown

No comments: