Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Less than 3 weeks

In fewer than 19 days, the triathlon of my life will have started and ended... one way or another. Either by way of my own power or by that of a support vehicle, my first half ironman event, the Muskoka 70.3, will be over. I have another week or so of intense training followed by some tapering and resting, and then I will be at the starting line. I'm exicted/anxious/nervous right now... I have no idea how I will keep it in control on race day. One final tune-up race this Saturday, the Guelph Lake #2 sprint triathlon. Should be a walk in the park compared to some of the long rides and runs I've been doing the last few weeks. Well... walk in the park might not be the most accurate way to describe it. I'm just hoping to have a really good race-intensity workout (and maybe set a personal best or two along the way... are you listening, Bike?). As usual, time will tell.

No comments: