Friday, August 29, 2008

A little better

Wednesday's and Thursday's workouts were a little better than Tuesday's bike-related suckfest. A good tempo run Wednesday and a nice, long swim last night got me feeling a bit better. It was a good way to build up to the race tomorrow morning. My goals for tomorrow: 750m swim - under 16 minutes, including the run to transition. 30k bike - faster than 56:15, or an average faster than 32km/h 7k run - under 36 minutes. If achieved, all three of these goals would be my fastest ever in a triathlon (I've run faster in road races, but not by a whole lot), so my sights might be set a little high. But, here's my logic: I'm 2 weeks out from my first 70.3, and if I'm going to test myself, it's got to be tomorrow. The plan is basically to go hard for the whole thing - no saving energy for later - until I either collapse or cross the finish line... one or the other. Can I pull it off? As usual, time will tell.

No comments: